IN LINE WITH THE GOVERNMENT ROADMAP, WE WILL BE OPEN INDOORS & OUTDOORS (WITH RESTRICTIONS)
FROM 17 MAY 2021.
Coronavirus restrictions remain in place across the country.
If you have symptoms get a test and stay at home.
IMPORTANT NEW REQUIREMENT
Venues in hospitality, the tourism and leisure industry MUST:
– ask every visitor (over the age of 16) to provide their name and contact details
– keep these records of customers, visitors and staff for 21 days and provide data to NHS Test and Trace if requested
– display official NHS QR code poster so that visitors can ‘check in’ using the NHS COVID-19 app as an alternative to providing their contact details
– Hospitality venues must also take reasonable steps to refuse entry to anyone who refuses to participate
– adhere to General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
We’ve made some really important changes to keep our team and our visitors safe. We need to carefully manage and control the number of visitors every day to help keep you safe, this includes all visitors and Annual Pass holders too.
Please be kind to our team who may politely remind you to stay a safe social distance, follow the rule of 6 inside, wear your face covering and follow the safety measures in place, we are all doing our best with lots of extra challenges!
Now, the only way to visit is to pre-book, we have moved to online booking ONLY.
In order to allow you to plan, we have released tickets up until July 2021.
- Visitors (including Annual Pass holders) will be able to book a 15 min arrival time to minimise queuing – PLEASE HAVE YOUR ORDER CONFIRMATION & QR CODE READY – either on your mobile device or a printed version, ANNUAL PASS HOLDERS MUST SHOW THEIR VALID ANNUAL PASS CARDS for scanning too. You are welcome to stay all day from the time of your allocated arrival timeslot. We will close at 5.30pm to allow for additional cleaning.
- When pre-booking your tickets online you will also be asked to choose your 40-minute play sessions for our undercover and indoor play areas – please include all adults and children in the family / group as we have limited capacities due to strict Government guidelines. These areas are: Brand-new under-cover play area “Milecastle 62” & our Indoor Adventure Play Barn.
- Usually Walby Farm Park tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable. In the current times we are happy to move your bookings for you, there will be a charge £2 per ticket for this.
- For Annual Pass holders please let us know if you need to cancel your Annual Pass Day Ticket, there’s no charge for this, we can then release those tickets for someone else to enjoy. We really appreciate you letting us know. Thank you!
As at 1 April 2021 please note Annual Passes were again extended again by 4 months to reflect the enforced closure (electronic vouchers will be issued to DD Annual Pass holders on re-opening on 12 April 2021), all paid for Vouchers valid as at 30 December 2020 have been extended by 4 months also (unfortunately we are not able to accept Vouchers beyond their new extended expiry date). We are not able to accept any paper vouchers marked “January 2021 ONLY” and “No Extensions”.
First of all, if you or a member of your group / household becomes unwell with COVID-19 or symptoms including a new continuous cough, high temperature or loss of or change in your normal taste or smell, or they have been asked to self-isolate, please stay at home and DO NOT visit Walby Farm Park. If you, your child or anyone in your close family has had any symptoms commensurate with COVID 19 within the last 14 days please stay at home.
If you already have booked your online tickets, please contact us PRIOR TO or ON your intended visit date at [email protected] to request transfer of your tickets to an alternative date. Usually Walby Farm Park tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable. In the current times we are happy to move your bookings for you, there will be a charge £2 per ticket for this. This will be subject to availability, but we will make reasonable efforts to do so. Tickets not redeemed on their booked date will automatically expire and will not qualify for a transfer to an alternative date. To contact us please phone 01228573056 or email [email protected] In the event of another enforced closure at Walby Farm Park from COVID-19, tickets already purchased will be transferable to an alternative date upon re-opening.
From 17 May 2021 we are advised as follows:
MEETING FRIENDS & FAMILY OUTDOORS –
Outdoor gatherings are limited to 30 people.
MEETING FRIENDS & FAMILY INDOORS (RULE OF 6) –
Indoors, people can meet in groups of up to 6 people, or as a group of 2 households. A group made up of 2 households can include more than 6 people, but only where all members of the group are from the same 2 households (each household can include an existing bubble, if eligible).
Social distancing should be maintained between people who do not live together or share a bubble.
You can find more information in the Government’s coronavirus restrictions guidance.
Please do let us know if you need to re-arrange your visit – our email address is: [email protected]
During a visit, we all have a duty of care to protect ourselves and others around us. Current Government ‘Visitor Economy’ guidance asks us to protect our visitors and team, increasing ventilation by keeping doors and windows open where possible and running ventilation systems at all times.
Please ensure that you and your family /group
- Regularly wash your hands for 20 seconds using the warm water and soap.
- Stay a safe distance from others.
- Comply with the one-way systems in place.
- Carry tissues and cough or sneeze into them or your elbow, before safely disposing of tissues in a bin and washing your hands.
- Make payments by contactless card or mobile app.
- Wash your hands with warm water and soap both before and after entering animal contact areas.
- Avoid touching surfaces unnecessarily.
- Supervise the children in your care and ensure they regularly wash their hands and follow site guidelines
You must wear a face covering indoors, unless you are exempt. This is the law. Children under 11 years & those exempt due to medical conditions do not need to do this..
The latest Government guidance on face coverings can be found HERE.
- Car Parking – We ask that you park sensibly, with sufficient space between cars, and respect the space of other visitors.
- We’re also now cashless and contactless where possible, you will see Perspex screens at our till points.
- It has always been essential to carry out good hand hygiene when visiting a farm, please make sure to wash your hands regularly, at one of our handwashing stations.
- Visitors will also find several new hand sanitising stations (both inside and outside), located throughout the farm park to ensure hygiene standards are high.
- To further ensure safe social distancing, we’ve introduced lots of new signage, queuing markers, and a number of one-way systems.
- There will be no re-admission. Please do not exit until you are leaving for the day as you will not be allowed back through the main entrance. We have had to introduce a one-way system for visitors to minimise where visitors come face to face, in accordance with the guidelines.
- Our toilets will be open and subject to an enhanced cleaning regime.
- We’ve enhanced our cleaning regimes, during your visit you’ll see our ‘Clean Team’ cleaning even more frequently throughout the day. Our Team may choose to use personal protection while working.
Working together – please do your bit to keep our visitors and our team safe too, by using the bins provided and leaving areas tidy when you’ve finished.
To support NHS Test and Trace in England, visitor attractions are required to collect the details, and maintain records, of staff, customers and visitors on their premises. This may be necessary if an individual, who is present at our attraction at the same time as you, tests positive for COVID-19. NHS Test and Trace may then contact you to provide appropriate advice. By maintaining records of staff, customers and visitors (and sharing these with NHS Test and Trace where requested) this can help to identify people who may have been exposed to the virus.
We have our official NHS Test & Trace QR code displayed at our entrance for venue check-in – please download the NHS Test & Trace app so that you can scan this with the NHS Test & Trace app.
From 17 May 2021 we will be OPEN INDOORS & OUTDOORS with a ‘click & collect’ service from The Cowshed Cafe. When booking tickets for dates from 17 May 2021 onwards please book all of your group into play sessions for the indoor Adventure Play Barn & undercover Milecastle 62.
Our brand-new Undercover Attraction ‘MILECASTLE 62’ is now open and the usual booking process for this is available. This includes an option to choose your timed play session, please include all adults and children in the family / group as we have limited capacities for visitors in that area. Our indoor Adventure Play Barn is also open and is bookable in the same way, there are restrictions on some activities within the indoors areas – for example, ball pits must be closed which means our ‘blue’ slide is currently closed. Visitors will be able to meet all our farm animals in the Animal Barn. Barrel Train rides are available (subject to weather and ground conditions) with reduced capacity.
All outdoor play will be open including the Sledge Slide, JCB Dig & Play, Walby’s Wacky Golf, Electric Mini-Quads, pedal tractors and pedal Go-Karts. Sandpits are open however shared buckets and spades have been removed. You are welcome to bring your own (we may have some available to purchase in ‘The Gift Shed’).
Specific attractions may advise restricted numbers of individuals / family groups at any one time.
FOOD & DRINK
For online food orders from The Cowshed Cafe, please use your phone camera to scan the QR code on the notices around Walby Farm Park, scanning the QR code with your phone camera takes you to our online food ordering website – some phones need a QR scanner app but most we’ve found work with the phone camera, alternatively the web address can by typed into your browser. The ordering system works in the same way as any online shopping.
Once your order has been received you will receive an email to confirm the order (please check your junk email box if your order confirmation doesn’t arrive straightaway!).
Once your food is ready, we’ll also let you know with an email, so you can ‘Click & Collect’! Sample menus are HERE, there may also be some tasty ‘specials’ available on our online food ordering system too!
‘Piglets Pantry’ is available for hot and cold drinks, cakes & scones and of course, ice cream!
Bringing a picnic – please head to one of our grassed areas and enjoy your food at one of the picnic benches. We’re sorry but your own food can’t be eaten in the buildings or on our decking areas, please dispose of any rubbish in the bins provided to help our Team keep the site clean and tidy throughout the day.
THE GIFT SHED
Walby’s gift shop ‘The Gift Shed’ will be open. Please use the hand sanitiser before you enter, practice social distancing, and avoid close contact with others. Avoid touching shop items that you do not intend to purchase and please supervise your children.
Please check our website before you set off, for all of the up to date information that you need to have the great, safe day out at Walby Farm Park!
Lastly, please be kind to our team who may politely remind you to stay a safe social distance, follow the rule of 6, wear your face covering and follow the safety measures in place.
See you soon!