Join Our Team
We look for enthusiastic and outgoing individuals to join our motivated and experienced team. Walby Farm Park is a successful and multi-award winning visitor attraction in north Cumbria, attracting many day visitors and regular Annual Pass holders.
If we don’t have any suitable vacancies at the moment but you would be interested in joining our team in the future, please send your current CV and a covering letter to [email protected], for the attention of Mrs K Milbourn. We’ll then hold your details on file for up to 12 months, we’ll be in touch if any suitable positions come up.
As we are located on a farm without an immediate bus route, you must be able to organise your own regular transport to Walby Farm Park.
We receive lots of requests for Work Experience placements; please contact us to enquire about availability by email on [email protected]. If we have spaces available we will ask you to fill in and return our Work Experience Applications.
13 September 2021 – For further details and job descriptions please email us at: [email protected] and we will provide a full job description.
Currently we have a part-time vacancy for a Livestock Team member, 3 days per week, inc alternate weekends –
- Play a fully contributory part in the commercial farm with a flock of over 300 ewes as well as the larger arable and grassland unit
- Understand the aims of Walby Farm Park and deliver a consistently high standard of customer care to all our visitors, acting as a well presented, professional and friendly ambassador for the attraction at all times
- Ensure the high standards of welfare of the variety of animals across the Farm Park and contribute to the activities of the Farm
- Proactively participate in engaging and informative delivery of entertainment and educational programmes
- Conduct talks to school groups or visiting organisations either at Walby Farm Park or off site
- Agricultural qualification skills or experience beneficial
- Satisfactory Enhanced DBS check
- Full driving licence
- Tractor driver test – required
- B+E Trailer Test – highly desirable
To be successful you will be able to demonstrate:-
- excellent interpersonal skills
- strong skills or experience of working with animals in practical environment
- your ability to prioritise and manage your work load
- your work experience in any similar setting (ideally)
- that you are willing and capable of learning new skills and undertaking training to completion
- working under pressure during busy times whilst still giving a brilliant customer experience
In exchange for your fantastic skills and commitment, we can offer you a highly competitive rate of pay, great staff benefits and discounts, brilliant training and a great place to work and build your career.
To apply please send your full CV along with a covering letter outlining how you demonstrate the experience and personal attributes above. We look forward to welcoming you to our team!