A must for the school calendar whatever the season
Put your pupils at the heart of our farm where they can meet and feed our animals, encounter the countryside and explore the links between the food they eat and our beautiful surroundings, with our fantastic educational trips.
We offer a range of flexible Educational Packages:
- We can deliver educational visits from KS1 and KS2 to GCSE and A-Level on our mixed working farm.
- We offer tailor-made Numeracy and Literacy activity days for KS1 and KS2.
- Our Cooking on the Farm package links food and farming and gives students the chance to produce a healthy meal.
- All of our packages are developed on the principle of hands-on learning.
- We run seasonal school visits such as for ‘Father Christmas on the Farm’.
Whatever your educational requirements, our Education Team is here to work with your school or group to deliver a fun, exciting and interactive learning experience, with some fresh air and exercise thrown in, minimum group sizes are 15 but please talk to us about your requirements.
If the weather’s wet then our large indoor adventure play area and undercover Milecastle 62 provide entertainment, as does our dedicated under-5’s soft play area for your younger groups.
Learning outside the classroom
Walby Farm Park has been awarded the CEVAS (Countryside Educational Visits Accreditation Scheme) Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge. We can offer CEVAS-trained guides and some exclusive demonstrations to fit in with your requirements for formal or informal teaching.
See our video here for a flavour of what’s on offer.
To read our Industry Code of Practice published by Access To Farms (updated in June 2021) please follow the links below: