A must for the school calendar whatever the season
Put your children at the heart of our farm where they can meet and feed our animals, encounter the countryside and explore the links between the food they eat and our beautiful surroundings.
We offer a range of flexible Educational Packages:
- We can deliver educational visits from KS1 and KS2 to GCSE and A-Level on our mixed working farm.
- We offer tailor-made Numeracy and Literacy activity days for KS1 and KS2.
- Our Cooking on the Farm package links food and farming and gives students the chance to produce a healthy meal.
- All of our packages are developed on the principle of hands-on learning.
- We run seasonal school visits such as A Magical Winter Wonderland, which includes a live Nativity.
Whatever your educational requirements, our Education Team is here to work with your school or group to deliver a fun, exciting and interactive learning experience, with some fresh air and exercise thrown in.
If the weather’s wet then our large indoor play area for 4-14 year olds provides entertainment, as does our dedicated under-5’s soft play area for your younger groups.
Learning outside the classroom
Walby Farm Park has been awarded the CEVAS (Countryside Educational Visits Accreditation Scheme) Learning Outside the Classroon quality badge. We can offer CEVAS-trained guides and some exclusive demonstrations to fit in with your requirements for formal or informal teaching.
See our video here for a flavour of what’s on offer.
To read our Industry Code of Practice please follow the links below: